4 Spots Left!
So you've got a compelling story.
You love your characters. The world is fascinating.
You have universal themes that resonate.
How can you sell that brilliant vision to another person?
It's time to pitch. Learn how in...
Script Anatomy's "Art of the Pitch" Workshop
with Instructor Kevin Townsley
Kevin has set up shows at SyFy, Crackle, Pivot, Sony, CBS Studios, Warner Brothers, FOX 21 and Fremantle, & has worked with Joel Silver's company (Silver Pictures), Milo Ventimiglia's company (Divide Pictures), Jim Parson's company (That's Wonderful Productions), McG's company (Wonderland Sound and Vision).
All accomplished through the pitching methods taught in this class...
This 4 session intensive is limited to 8 people and will give you the tools, insight and experience to successfully pitch a TV show. This is an in depth crash course on what to expect when pitching a TV idea to a production company, studio or network.
This fast-paced class offers insight into the pitching process which is usually only experienced by the highest-level writers/executives. When you sell your pitch to a network there are about five people in the room and this class will pull back the veil on that secretive process.
In this class you will:
- Watch the instructor pitch a project he is going out with this season. (This is invaluable — you never get to see behind the curtain!)
- Learn key elements you must have to craft your pitch.
- Discover how to hook and engage your audience from the get go.
- Find out what to expect "in the room" when you are pitching.
- Take your idea, outline or script and reverse engineer it into a written and verbal pitch.
- Discover tricks and tips for memorizing.
- Learn pitching do’s and don’ts.
- Pitch your show to the class and receive feedback from instructor and peers.
***Mandatory prerequisite: Must have taken a Script Anatomy Class.
WHEN: 4 Sundays, September 9th, September 23rd, and October 7th from 11am to 2pm, and the last session on October 21st will be an extra hour (11am to 3pm) to leave more time for final pitches. (Off weeks are for PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE.)
WHERE: BLANK SPACES - Culver City, 9415 Culver Blvd. Culver City, CA 90232
Limit 8 writers
No refunds after 09/06/2018. Please click here for our full refund policy.